Followers

Friday

Keep Out Bruni

Papers in Europe are reporting that the Vatican requested Carla Bruni keep away when her husband traveled to Rome for an audience with the Pope earlier this month. Vatican officials are said to have deliveried a special message to the French ambassador:  "The Mrs. is not invited."  

Carla Bruni is Italian born, and she had previously met the Pope in 2008 during his visit to France.  Reportedly, the Pope was concerned that her presence would spark the publication of nude and racy photos from her modeling career in Italian newspapers.  


Secretly, however, I suspect that he was horrified by her recent covers of Bob Dylan songs. Those were painful. 


Bruni with the Pope in 2008


No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.