Followers

Thursday

Bistro 110 Pumpkin Soup


My sister and I used to be obsessed with the pumpkin soup they serve at Bistro 110 in Chicago.  It's creamy and delicious and would come to the table in mini carved out pumpkins.  Sadly, they stopped putting it in the pumpkins a couple years ago when it started getting really popular, but it was still good enough to stand on its own in a plain white bowl.


I was thinking about this soup the other day now that the weather is getting cold, and low and behold, I found it on the Sur La Table website. I almost fainted when I saw how much butter and heavy cream goes into the recipe, but I think I might attempt it sometime this fall. 



Ingredients

  • 5 lbs. Pumpkin or butternut squash
  • 1 gallon Water
  • 1½ cup of butter
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper

Procedure

  1. Peel the pumpkin or squash and remove the seeds. Cut into medium size cubes.
  2. In a pot, cover the squash with water, add salt and cook on medium heat until completely soft. Drain ¾ of the water from the pot, and puree the squash with a whisk. Cook on medium heat and add the butter in small pieces until there is a creamy consistency.
  3. Add heavy cream, season with salt and pepper.
Recipe created exclusively for Staub by Dominique Tougne of Bistro 110.

No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.