Followers

Tuesday

Supersize That Latte

Starbucks is introducing an even bigger drink size..dah dah dum...the TRENTA.  At 31 oz, it's the Starbucks equivalent of "supersize it."  Calorific much?  Apparently, when Starbucks released their new logo, they were also strategizing to morph into the next best thing since McDonalds.  


I have a sneaking suspicion they won't introduce the trenta size in the EU just yet.  I'm not sure whether Europeans would embrace it or breaking windows of Starbucks stores.  In my Zurich Starbucks, a tall skinny latte costs a whopping 6.30 CHF ($6.00).  That's nearly double the cost for the same drink in the US....and you thought your local American Starbucks was ripping you off.  The Swiss are practically being robbed.  I can't even imagine how the Zurich Starbucks will price a trenta.


No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.