Followers

Monday

Cupcakes

This weekend my mom and I picked up cupcakes at Buttercream Cupcakes in Coral Gables.  The store front was tiny, but cute with pink walls and a good selection of cupcakes.

Unfortunately, we got stuck behind a ridiculous mother/daughter duo who were buying 3 dozen cupcakes.  They hemmed and hawed over which flavors to get like it was a life and death decision.  Then, they talked to the store clerk for 15 minutes about how great Pandora jewelry is.  They were in a huff because their Pandora jewelry lady told them that prices were going up Feb 15th.  I couldn't stop rolling my eyes.

Finally, once we ordered, I picked triple chocolate and my mom picked coconut chocolate. Generally, cupcakes are either hit or miss. The worst is when the cake batter is too dry.  I'm also not a fan if the frosting is too sugary.  Luckily, these little treats were actually pretty tasty for cupcakes.  I gobbled mine down.   I also have a key lime cupcake stored in my freezer for later.

There are about a bazillion cupcakes place around Miami, so I'll have to try out a few more stores.  Buttercream are known for being among the better stores stores, and I have to hand it to them, they did a good job.

No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.