Followers

Monday

Gien Porcelin

A few days ago Rue La La featured Gien dishware as one of it's sales.  I don't know much about tableware or Limoges porcelain, so until I saw the sale, I hadn't even heard of the French company.  Now I'm in love.  Their china is incredible. 


According to the website, the history of Gien dinnerware dates back 180 years ago to 1821 when Thomas Hall wanted to introduce fine English earthenware manufacturing techniques to France.  Gien dinnerware it is fired at lower temperatures than porcelain, so its colors are richer and warmer than other brands. And get this-it's dishwasher safe.


You can browse their pieces in the Gien online boutique or at Michael C Fina











No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.