Followers

Monday

Food Truck Saturdays

On Saturday night, we went to such a fun event:  a food truck meetup.   Food trucks have taken Miami by storm, and the craze has led to a food truck party on Saturday nights.  The trucks meet in vacant lot in Wynwood Arts District.  Dinners sit at picnic tables or on collapable chairs, bring their own booze, and dine al fresco on food truck fair.  And let me tell you, the food is pretty fantastic.  


There was a crepe truck, Jefe's fish tacos, Cheese-Me (mini sliders and grilled cheese), Latin Burger (apparently amazing burgers), Dim Ssäm à gogo by Sakaya Kitchen (asian fare), Kona Shaved Iced, Churros, and more.


First, we munched on crepes.  Then, we tried a grilled cheese from Mz. Cheezious.  It had multigran bread, gilled apples, and havarti cheese.  They also featured had a bacon and blue combination that proved extra-popular.  I wanted to sample pork buns, but was too full at that point to keep going.


To end the night, we stopped by the Sugar Rush truck for cupcakes.  Sadly, by the time we got there, they were sold out of normal cupcakes and only had deep fried cupcakes left.  After the grilled cheese, I decided to save the deep fried cupcake for the next trip.


You can track food trucks in your own city using MobileCravings.

No comments:

About Me

I'm 25 years old and working for a consulting company in a job that takes me across Europe. Sometimes my job is great and the travel is incredibly exciting. Sometimes, its horrible with unbearably long hours and unnecessary pressure, and I feel like crying (often I do). Through the ups and downs, this is my life.